dear snooky,
well, daddy didn't have his surgery. it got rescheduled for october 4 because the cancer is growing again and the doctors decided to do a bigger operation. they are going to take out the whole right side of his liver and a little bit of the left side, too. daddy will be in the hospital for at least a week, and it will take about two months before he feels like himself again. after daddy has recovered, he will start chemo again for six months. so we have some hard times ahead.
i wish i could say that daddy and i have been spending a lot of quality time together, but the truth is that i have been working very hard on a project for work and i haven't had much time for anyone but you. as soon as i've put you to bed and have had a bite to eat, i've been going upstairs to the office and working until late at night while daddy watches tv and falls asleep on the couch. but now my project is done and i am going to spend as much time with the two of you as i can. the day before daddy's surgery, we'll drop you at daycare in the morning and then spend the whole day together, just the two of us, for the first time since you were born.
you are sleeping right now, very peacefully. oblivious to what is going on.
you have your own agenda. today you managed to move yourself all the way from the living room to the kitchen. you don't crawl, exactly. a little bit of crawling in reverse, maybe. mostly you scoot and roll, but it seems to be working for you. it seems to be a lot of fun for you to be able to get places on your own now.
this morning it rained. there's been a little nip of fall in the air. we are turning corners, little one. we'll find out together what's around the bend.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
turning corners
Posted by
platespinner
at
7:45 PM
Labels: baby, cancer, exhasution, future
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I've been stalking your blog a little bit over the last week, looking for an update (but not necessarily expecting one - you've got lots on your plate!) and wondering whether it would be OK to email...
I am sorry that the cancer is growing. And I am so sorry that this is happening to your little family. I hope the surgery means they can cut out the damned cancer and that chemo zaps the stray cells.
You are truly a lovely writer. Please give my best wishes to daddy and a big wet kiss to that adorable little bear.
Hey platespinner.
I'm sending you and your loved ones my best wishes and hopes for Oct. 4 and the months to come.
I'll keep reading your blog and keep you in my thoughts.
cmkl
My best thoughts and wishes are going out to you, daddy and little bear. I am sorry things did not go as planned. Oct. 4th will also be in my thoughts. I hope your days ahead will be full of love, laughter, smiles and hope. Enjoy your family time.
Sincerely,
Courtney
my heart and thoughts go to you sweet dear one. please let me know what i can do to help.
xoxox
laurie, chris, courtney, and stef--
now it looks like it might be 10/5 instead. more on that in another post, when i have more energy to dive into it. thanks for your letting me know you've been here, and for your encouraging words.
Would you believe that I googled for the Little Bear cartoon, and it brought me here? Your writing is incredibly familiar and embracing to us as strangers, and it will be a greater treasure than you can imagine to your child in the years to come. I hope that you print it out and collect it in a nice little book for your child. I have a little boy who has lost his father, but with us, it happened in an instant. I didn't have the time to consider it, write about it. Your child still has his father, and with God's will, always will have his father. I don't know you, but you are in my prayers. I pray that the cancer will wither and be defeated. Love is so much stronger than cancer. Family is so much stronger than cancer. And so are you. Keep writing to your child, always.
Love, C&K
Post a Comment